No products in the cart.
Thai dishes with the most proteins
How to survive the protein deficit in Thailand
For anyone who leaves in Thailand, eating enough protein without exceeding in calories and all sort of trans saturated fats or refined sugar can be challenging. In fact, street food in Thailand is available everywhere and at cheap prices, so there is always something for everyone. But most of the times it is full of oil, sugars, processed food that are fattening and almost useless from a nutritional point of view. As long as your aim is to seek high protein and clean food.
Beside Thai Food, do there is any other protein high protein food option?
Indeed, there is another option. If you are looking for a good and healthy protein source, the Iron Fit Food Protein bars, brownies and cookies are an outstanding alternative to junk food or food with a poor amount of protein. And more than anything, you can easily carry them with you and they can be of a great help if you are somewhere where you have not much healthy choice when it come to food. Without mentioning the fact that they are made with natural ingredients. They may not be a meal replacement, but they provide an easy option for dieters who don’t have the time or resources for extensive meal planning, especially after a workout session at the gym!
Thai Food healthy and protein rich dishes
However, there are also some valid alternatives in the Thai cuisine (restaurant and street food) that can be considered healthy and protein rich. As previously mentioned, you want to avoid dishes full of carbs, sugar, trans fat and go for high protein, low carbs and good fat Thai dishes… This requires you to carefully pay attention to the recipes. Indeed, many Thai dishes contain hidden sugar, processed food and carbs.
Hidden sugars and unhealthy processed ingredient
Takes the example of a Som Tam (Papaya Salad), it is often, not to say always, cooked with sugar and GMO. Well, this is how a simple and basic vegetable Thai dish can ruin your diet, because of sugar, and health because of this toxic GMO. So when you order such a dish, just ask for no sugar and no GMO.
A Non exhaustive list of Thai dishes with the most protein
Now, let’s back to rich protein Thai dishes and get together through an non exhaustive list of the best and most flavorful you can find in Thailand. Here’s the list:
1. Gai Yaang ไก่ย่าง: The undisputed king of Isaan cuisine: grilled chicken. Better if in the form of chicken breast เต้านมไก่ย่าง, you can find it almost everywhere and at almost every Isaan street stall, even though usually Thais eat it in the morning. You can ask for ข้าวเหนียว kaow niaw, sticky rice, that fits perfectly with the chicken and make it a very balanced meal with good carbs and high protein. They usually drumstick + thigh, half a chicken, or just the whole chicken breast.
2. Moo Krata หมูกระทะ A solid second place is held by the infamous Thai Barbeque, often coming with an All You Can Eat option, so pay attention not to overeat. They usually offer beef, pork, chicken and seafood that you will need to barbeque yourself. Prices start from 150 thb all the way up, depending on the place and the poultry and fish offered. The only problem here is not to put too many unhealthy sauces on the food and not to eat all the fried and greasy side dishes and dessert that come included in the price. The biggest amount of proteins you can get, that’s for sure. We suggest going for Thai Barbeque after a long, intense training. It the perfect way to refill your body with protein, fibers and good fat!
3. Plaa kapong nung manao ปลากะพงนึ่งมะนาว: A healthy, not too greasy, filling Steamed fish with Lime and Garlic. For this, you’ll need to go to a proper restaurant, as street stall usually don’t have it. The price is around 350thb or more depending on the kind of fish and the level of the restaurant. Delicious! Check at this awesome recipe by clicking here
4. MoFai หม้อไฟ If you like soups, you are lucky because the Thai Hot Pot is one of the dishes richest in protein in Thai cuisine. Similarly to the Thai Barbeque, you can order the kind of meat and fish that you want with the soup. Prices are similar too. Remember not to drink too much broth, as is going to carry all the fat from meat and fish that melt as you cook them.
5. Kai Satay ไก่สะเต๊ะ One of the cheapest and colorful chicken dishes is the Chicken satay with peanut sauce and served with a refreshing cucumber and onion salad. The chicken is first marinated in coconut milk and curry powder and then grilled. The sauce made with peanuts is really good, but don’t abuse of it as it is very caloric. You can find the Chicken Satay in street stalls as well as in restaurants and it’s usually very cheap (10-20thb per meat stick). Are you hungry yet?! Have a look at this yummy and easy recipe by clicking here
That’s it for now, we’ll continue in the next post with our bits of advice on nutrition for active people. Nutrition for Bodybuilding, Fitness, Crossfit and related sports in Thailand is possible even without spending an excessive amount of money with our suggestion. As you can see, finding Thai dishes with the most protein is easy, as you just need to take a closer look at the recipes. However, you may need a high protein, convenient and quick-eat solution, especially after your workout session. This is why we created the most convenient and healthy protein bars you can get in Thailand, made only with the best natural ingredients and whey protein, to help you achieving your fitness goals. Also, at the opposite of most protein bars that you can find on the market in Thailand, our protein bars are made with natural ingredients. This make them a good and convenient alternative to Thai dishes with the most protein. And this is what you want for your body. You want to avoid protein snacks, full of sugar, carbs and with a list of ingredients that you don’t even know the name because they are artificial.